Tenth Anniversary of CSU’s Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum Begins Monday
For the 10th year, the Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum, hosted by the Leadership Institute at Columbus State University, will bring a lineup of the best and brightest minds in the world to Columbus. This year’s event, themed “Leadership Legacy,” will bring back favorite speakers from past forums and welcome new speakers.
The sold-out two-day event, held at the Columbus Iron Works and Trade Center, begins at 1 p.m., Monday, Aug. 24 and runs through Tuesday, Aug. 25. Monday afternoon opens with pastor, coach and author Tom Mullins and the evening features the George W. Bush family. Speakers scheduled for Tuesday include Scott Harrison, founder of Charity Water; Daniel Pink, New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author; and General Stanley McChrystal, former commander of U.S. and International forces in Afghanistan; among others.
For the second year, faculty, staff and students with a valid CSU ID can watch most of the forum live via simulcast from the University Hall Auditorium.
“We are thrilled to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the forum,” said Ed Helton, executive director of leadership development. “With the support of the university and sponsors Synovus, TSYS, AT&T and WC Bradley, we have been able to consistently secure world-class leaders.”
The 10th anniversary speaker lineup includes:
- George W. Bush – 43rd President of the United States
- Laura W. Bush – Former First Lady of the United States
- Barbara Bush – CEO and co-founder of Global Health Corps
- Jenna Bush Hager – NBC Today Show correspondent
- Ken Blanchard – Business author and management expert
- James J. Dunne III – Senior managing principal, Sandler O’Neill + Partners, LP
- Doris Kearns Goodwin – Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and author
- Scott Harrison – Founder, Charity Water
- General Stanley McChrystal – Former commander of US and International forces in Afghanistan
- John Maxwell – Leadership expert, speaker and author
- Tom Mullins – Pastor, former coach and author
- Daniel Pink – New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author
- Simon Sinek – Author, speaker and visionary thinker
For more information about the Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum, visit here.
About Leadership Institute at Columbus State University
The Leadership Institute at Columbus State University is a university-based consulting group that provides expertise and training in leadership development, team building, assessments, executive coaching and strategic planning. Founded in 2005, the Leadership Institute has worked with more than 150 organizations and helped develop thousands of leaders. For more information on how we can help your business or organization, visit www.ColumbusState.edu/Leadership.
About Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum
Founded in 2005, The Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum, hosted by the Leadership Institute at Columbus State University, is the premier leadership event in the region and offers an intimate setting with some of the world’s foremost leaders. Held annually the last Monday and Tuesday in August, the event draws more than 1,200 attendees. The forum is named in honor of Jim Blanchard, the retired chairman and chief executive officer of Synovus Financial Corp., which is headquartered in Columbus. For more information, visit www.jblf.org.
Source: Ed Helton, executive director of leadership development
706-568-5133 / helton_ed@ColumbusState.edu
*This year’s Blanchard Forum is sold out.